Basic standing pose.
Target Area: full body
Practical Benefits: Improve posture, release shoulder tension, properly engage the core and increase body awareness.
- Stand with big toes touching and heels an inch apart.
- Slightly bend the knees to prevent locking out, and engage thigh muscles. Relax the glutes.
- Reach the tailbone down to the ground, tilting the pelvis slightly upward to take the arch out of the lower back and engage the core muscles.
- Lift the chest, draw the ribs in towards one another, and relax the shoulders.
- Actively reach hands down toward the ground with palms facing forward.
- Hold this pose for 30-60 seconds.
Tips: Form a straight line from your pubic bone to shoulders to properly engage the core.